Android App Development
Android software development is the process by which new applications are created for devices running the Android operating system.
- A little Background about mobile technologies
- Overview of Android – An Open Platform for Mobile development
- Open Handset Alliance
- What does Android run On – Android Internals?
- Why to use Android for mobile development?
- How to setup Android Development Environment.
- Android development Framework – Android-SDK, Eclipse
- Emulators – What is an Emulator / Android AVD ?
- Creating & setting up custom Android emulator
- Android Project Framework
- My First Android Application
- Understanding Intent, Activity, Activity Lifecycle and Manifest
- Creating Application and new Activities
- Expressions and Flow control, Android Manifest
- Simple UI -Layouts and Layout properties
- Fundamental Android
- UI Design Introducing Layouts
- Creating new Layouts
- Drawable Resources
- Resolution and density independence (px,dip,dp,sip,sp)
- XML Introduction to GUI objects viz.
- Push Button
- Text / Labels
- Layout Weight
- Event driven Programming in Android (Text Edit, Button clicked etc.)
- Creating a splash screen
- Event driven Programming in Android
- Android Activity Lifecycle
- Creating threads for gaming requirement
- Understanding the Exception handler
- What is Menu?
- Custom Vs. System Menus
- Creating and Using Handset menu Button (Hardware)
- What are Android Themes.
- What is Dialog?
- How to create an Alter Dialog?
- What is Toast in Android?
- List & Adapters Manifest.xml File Update
- Multimedia audio formats – Creating and Playing
- Multimedia audio formats – Kill / Releasing (Memory Management)
- How to associate audio in any application
- How to associate video playback with an event
- Introducing SQLite
- SQLiteOpenHelper and creating a database
- Opening and closing a database
- Working with cursors Inserts, updates, and deletes
- Students will develop complete mobile application (Basic app like list making, static web app with simple screens)
- Introduction to Kotlin programming
- Benefits of Kotlin
- Variables in Kotlin
- Logics, loops and breaks
- Using Location Based Services
- Working with Google Maps
- How to use WebView object in XML
- Permission for using the Internet
- Methods for associated with ‘Go’, ‘Back’, ‘Forward’ etc.
- Other ways to Develop Android Applications
- Graphics / Game development using Adobe CS5.5 Flash
- How to render .apk file from Adobe Flash
- Role and Use of Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS)
- How to debug android application
- Use of Step Filters, Breakpoints, Suspend and Resume
- How to use LogCat (Verbose, Debug, Info, Warn, Error, Assert)
- Use of Perspectives
This is the flagship project developed by students under the guidance of experienced faculty
Student will select practical real life project from the list of proposed proejcts
Develop requirements and design for the application
Develop the logic and the backend
Test the application
Review of the application by expert panel
Refine the application & publish
Android App Development
Check the course overview video. Enroll today to kick start an exciting career.
Yasham Academy offers following courses leading to an exciting career. Click on the desired course below to know more about the same.