What Full Stack Web Developer Do ?
Full Stack web developer Design, develop and maintain the static websites, e-commerce & custom web applications.
- Static websites – used by all types of businesses
- eCommerce websites for online shopping
- Custom web applications like reporting system, management system, school management system etc.
What is full stack web developer
- A full stack developer is an engineer who can handle all the work of databases, servers, systems engineering, and clients.
- ‘Full stack’ refers to the collection of a series of technologies needed to complete a project
- Works with both front-end and back-end technologies.
Skills Required for Full Stack Web Development
Technical Skills for Full Stack Web Development
- and everything in between
HTML and CSS is the basic skills required for content publication and styling. This can be learned pretty fast but essential.
PHP or other programming language is the key. You need to pick one skill first and learn it in-depth. First learn the syntax and than quickly move on to the functionalities. It is important for you to learn the various functionalities and make meaningful projects. Many self learning students spend umpteen number of hours on the language, rather than creating something which has impact. That’s what we teach at Yasham, project based learning.
Database is essential and heart of every application. You will start with table design, normalisation, database creation, query creation and generating various queries. Higher level of application involved stored procedure and periodic data manipulation.
For an end to end application you also need to pick up the skills related to version management, server setup and other auxillary skills.
Functional Skills for Full Stack Web Development
- Functional/business knowledge
- Project Management
For any full stack web developer, having the business knowledge is very important. Software is required to solve the business problem. In order to build an effective solution, you need to know the business, how it works and what problem exists and how it can be solved. Many engineers/professional ignore this area and rely completely on other people for requirements. This is most ineffetive way of tackling the problem. You should go ahead and make all the investigations, enquiry etc to expand your knowledge.
It is also important to see other applications and how they are operating or different. This is the fastest mechanism to learn the business knowledge.
Communication – Full stack web developer should be able to effectively communicate with multiple people. This will help them in understanding the requirement and also explain the solution drafted. Many people ignore this aspect and it reduces their ability at large.
Project Management – The businesses are moving at much faster pace now a days. You cant take eternal time to learn, understand and make the changes. It is very important to learn things faster, implement and move to next items. This requires a strong project management skills. Given enough time for the task and move on and deliver value.
Documentation – Lots of decisions are taken and documentation is very important as it clearly specifies the decision taken. Documentation skills for functions, key resource, website etc is very important.
Job Opportunities for Full Stack Web Developer
Good number of jobs are available for the skilled person. This skill is only gained by combination of knowledge and project implementation.
- Full Stack web developer is very much in demand and high number of jobs are available
- Major IT companies like TCS, Wipro, SAP, Deloitte and HCL hire full stack developers who are a jack of all trades.
- All businesses are adapting technologies which is increasingly become web based. Hence the demand for full stack web developers is steadily increasing.
Full Stack Web Developer
Learn the full stack web developer from the experts. Akola’s leading coding school.